After moving through a job change and reaching a steady state with a family medical issue, I’ve finally got some cycles ahead of me to get back to something I’ve wanted to do for several months now… get an update out to this book!
I’m currently writing more text and am looking to do the following to the book in this update:
- Add a few more graphics to illustrate points, particularly the “happy eyeballs” concept.
- Expand coverage of the “privacy address” issue.
- Expand on the issues around Carrier-Grade / Large-Scale NAT.
- Add in some of the lessons from World IPv6 Day on June 8th.
- Add examples / case studies from people who have gone through the migration of their app over to IPv6.
On this final point, I have a few developers who I am contacting to see if they are willing to share their story, but I am definitely open to including more case studies. If you have migrated one of your applications to work on IPv6, I’d love to hear from you.
Beyond this list, do any of you have other points you would like to see included in the book? Or areas in the book that you would like to see expanded?
Please either leave a comment here or drop me an email to let me know. Thanks!
I’m not sure of the exact timeframe but I’m hoping to get an update out by the end of November.
P.S. Note that any of you who bought the ebook directly from O’Reilly will be automatically notified when the new version is published online.